The Academy intends to provide for all students a happy, caring and challenging environment in which they will receive a balanced, broadly-based curriculum designed to help develop lively, enquiring minds, the ability to question and argue rationally and which promotes the acquisition of knowledge and skill. Whilst respecting what students can do now, we will help them respond to the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life, in particular their understanding of the world in which they live and the importance of their contribution to its future development.
1. The need to ensure that our children are safe, secure, happy and well-supported whilst in our care.
2. That the education of all pupils, irrespective of starting point or background, is held to be of equal value and equality of opportunity is provided for all pupils to meet individual needs.
3. The importance of helping pupils to develop as responsible members of society who have respect for themselves, others and the world in which we live.
4. The need for a supportive for an understanding and tolerance of other races, religions and cultures.
5. The need to offer the widest range of learning opportunities to develop knowledge and skills appropriate to life-long learning: for example; academic, analytical, numerical, investigative, creative, communicative, aesthetic and technological, moral, and physical.
6. The contribution made by success and personal achievement in the development of confidence, self-respect and commitment.
7. The importance of developing each student's capacity for self-awareness, for taking responsibility and for evaluating his or her progress, achievements and the identification of subsequent goals.
8. The need for a supportive, disciplined, caring and stimulating environment.
9. The importance of partnership between school, home and community.
10.The importance of appropriate teaching and learning methods, which help develop independence.
11.To help pupils to engage with new technologies in order to be prepared for life in the 21st Century. In doing so we will ensure that pupils are fully aware of how to use this technology safely and securely.
12. The importance of developing staff professionally in support of these aims.